Special thank you to Maybelline & Influenster for the complimentary Maybelline City Mini Palette in Downtown Sunrise to try. All opinions, photos and technique are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
I created this rose gold makeup look using Maybelline's Downtown Sunrise City Mini Palette. I was super excited when I got it because it was my first choice of the eight. Neutral mattes and shimmers are totally my jam-jam, and when I saw the rose gold color, I knew I was ready to take on a color outside of my comfort zone.
Four of the six shadows are neutral and of those four, three are matte. This gives you a lot of versatility when you're creating looks. The matte brown is absolutely essential in the palette because that shade alone will add depth and dimension to any look.
I love all the shadows in the palette, however, I’m especially fond of the shimmer shades. That rose gold is everything!
This palette is super pigmented. All of the shadows show up well when applied on the eyelid. You see color right away, and it doesn’t take multiple “coats” for the shadow on your eyes to match the color in the palette.
APPLICATION & WEAR
The shadows go on smooth, layer well, and blend together seamlessly. Once the shadows are, they stay on until you wash them off. I experience very little, if any, fallout from the shadows once I finish my makeup. (Remember: You will always have some fallout while you’re creating an eyeshadow look.)
I totally recommend this palette to anyone who wears makeup. It has all the colors you need to create a complete look and enough colors to create a variety of looks. Great quality, I can’t wait to try the Rooftop Bronzes City Mini Palette.
- Conceal entire eye area from lash line to brow line.
- Apply the base color (lightest shade) in the palette to the entire eye area, from lash line to brow line.
- Highlight below the brow bone with the champagne shimmer.
- Contour the crease of the eye with the matte peach.
- Contour the crease with the matte brown.
- Pack matte brown on the outer corner of the eye.
- Take a clean blending brush and blend out the crease and transitional color. Blend out outer corner into the eye lid first and then into the crease. Then blend the brow highlight into crease.
- Apply champagne shimmer to the inner and middle third of the lid below the crease. Stop when you reach the outer corner.
- Go in with the rose gold shimmer on top of the matte brown crease.
- Take the pink shimmer and fill in the inner and middle third of the lid below the crease.
- Repeat steps 8-10 to layer shadows and intensify the look, if desired.
- Highlight the inner corner of the eye with champagne shimmer.
- (Optional) Take the matte brown from the outer corner and fill in along the lash line to the iris.
- (Optional) Apply pink shimmer and rose gold shimmer to the same brush to create a two-tone look along the bottom lash line. Blend out with the base color.
- (Optional) Curl lashes.
- Apply mascara.
Thank you so much for checking out this post and video!
Let me know the questions you have about the palette and the tutorial. I would love to know what makeup topics you're interested in. Leave me a comment below for more posts like this.
Want to connect more? Choose the social platform you like best.